Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursdays

If your big night is Wednesday night, which for most youth leaders out there it is, Thursdays are usually a pretty big recovery day.

I try to clean up everything on Wednesday so Thursday I can do actual work, not the janitorial aspect of it.

I also try to plan a meeting with a student that day. Whether it be my leadership team meeting which meets once every 3 weeks, or a meeting after school with a student at a local coffee shop or ice cream place.

I find if I don't plan it, it doesn't happen.

Thursdays tend to be a little more relational, so I ramp up and prepare big time Monday-Wednesday and I take my foot off the gas a little bit on Thursdays to coast into the weekend
.

What kind of stuff do you do on Thursdays to recover from your big ministry night?

No comments:

Post a Comment